Today we’d like to introduce you to Sal Hernandez. Them and their team share their story with us below:
Pacific Breeze came into concept in the summer of 2016, when Sal first got out of the military in 2012, he was very distraught with what the future would hold. The urge to get back into the civilian workforce after the military was necessary. For years, Sal would not get the sense of fitting in a job; he jumped around several industries before founding Pacific Breeze Landscape.
As a child, Sal would go to work with his dad and mow lawns throughout the city of Huntington Beach. This experience is what paved the way into becoming a landscape contractor.
In the summer of 2016, Sal had a phone call with his dad:
- Sal: “Apa”, I was thinking that I am not happy working for anyone, and I was wondering! Why don’t we start a business or we build on the landscape maintenance that you are currently doing?
- Dad: “Mijo” There is no money in what I do, I don’t think it’s a good idea
- Sal: But don’t you have your contractor’s license, we can do big jobs.
- Dad: Actually, I only do small jobs and I do not have the license, but if you want to get yours, I support you and I will help you out.
- Sal: ok, I’ll look into it and get back to you.
After that phone call, Sal’s wheels started turning and the birth of Pacific Breeze Landscape came about. Sal was fortunate enough to start business as he was going through his Master’s program. This helped him organize the business and work efficiently into what it is today.
Today, Pacific Breeze Landscape has become the number one Landscape design and build company in Huntington Beach. The team has been featured in HGTV. Pacific Breeze is also recognized as an award-winning company within the landscape industry. The company produces roughly about 1.5 in annual revenue, and there are a total of 12 employees.
I’m sure you wouldn’t say it’s been obstacle free, but so far would you say the journey has been a fairly smooth road?
In the beginning, the company struggled to find its niche. Once we found our niche, we had to learn how to systemize our process.
After this, we struggled with keeping up with customer demands and staying on top of the quality of our service. For that, we started hiring employees.
Another struggle has been finding good people who want to work.
As you know, we’re big fans of Pacific Breeze Landscape Inc. For our readers who might not be as familiar, what can you tell them about the brand?
Pacific Breeze Landscape is a design and build firm. The company focuses on the enhancement of outdoor spaces. The goal of the company is to enhance the lifestyle of our clients by constructing a functional and appealing outdoor space that will create an amazing ambiance.
We are set apart because of our unique process. We only focus on Design/Build projects and we do not necessarily work with every client. We ensure that the clients we work with are a good fit between us and them.
We also have a very strong social media presence at a local level. We have roughly about 17k followers on Instagram (pacific_breeze_landscape). We are the ones with the two palm trees and the wave.
We are very proud of being able to transform an old raggedy space into a beautiful outdoor concept. We use state-of-the-art software that allows us to render 3D images of the outdoor space. This helps us and the client iron out all the details prior to any construction. Once the designs are complete, we move forward into the construction phase.
Do you have any advice for those looking to network or find a mentor?
With regards to mentorship, I have joined several networking groups. For example, the California Landscape Contractors Association (CLCA) has been a networking platform on which I can reach out to other contractors with more experience and get advice. I have also hired a business coach that knows my industry to help me out.
- Standard project 70K-150K
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.pacificbreezelandscape.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/pacific_breeze_landscape/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pacificbreezelandscape/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/
- Yelp: https://www.yelp.com/biz/pacific-breeze-landscape-huntington-beach-4
- Other: https://www.houzz.com/professionals/landscape-contractors/pacific-breeze-landscape-pfvwus-pf~1990647840
Pacific Breeze Landscape