Today we’d like to introduce you to Barry Siegel.
Thanks for sharing your story with us Barry. So, let’s start at the beginning, and we can move on from there.
I have over 35 years of experience in the field of sales, marketing, fundraising, and special event management in the for-profit and non-profit sectors. My career began as a “gofer” for a professional sports team and grew to where I served as Vice-President for a professional sports team and eventually a major restaurant company. I have reached the place where my experience and substantial network has provided me what it takes to assist people who are passionate about sharing their personal insights.
Siegel Speakers emerged organically when an existing client asked for help securing a major keynote speaking engagement focused on the importance of great customer service. This process proved so successful that others began to enlist my assistance with their preparation, marketing, and booking. Through social media and speakers’ events, the business has grown significantly; so much so that I now have a complete team including a video producer, web-designer, social media manager, sales representative and virtual assistant to support the effort.
I reside with my wife Laurie and fifteen-year-old daughter Erin, in Carmel Mountain Ranch in San Diego. My main hobbies include quality family time, walking our Chocolate Labrador Retriever, doing crossword puzzles and playing golf.
Has it been a smooth road?
Even when I was growing up, if I wasn’t challenged, I got bored. Obstacles are part of the fun. I get inspired and energized by the process of problem-solving. I enjoy putting all the puzzle pieces together to build strong organizations and client brands which help showcase what they stand for and their talents around communicating and adding value to people’s lives. Nothing thrills me more than seeing the results of a successful collaboration. No two days are the same, no two organizations or clients are alike, and the ongoing learning process is what makes this journey so fulfilling.
I’ve learned that the keys to success most often lie in the organization’s or client’s ability to recognize that the road is a process which requires transparent communication, time, patience and the financial resources to accomplish the best possible outcome. If this is not understood going in, then the chances for success are far less likely.
We’d love to hear more about what you do.
Siegel Speakers client testimonials are what we are most proud of and exemplify what sets us apart:
“I engaged Barry Siegel to assist me in building a speaking career. From square one, using my customer service book as the base, Barry got us prepared to go to the market and then worked hard to get us bookings. And he got many! I owe part of the success I enjoy today as a paid keynoter to my partnership with Siegel Speakers.”
-“Patient Lee” Tomlinson, FOUNDER/CHIEF INSPIRER: The C.A.R.E. Effect Movement
“Barry is excellent at organizing your personal brand and helping you craft a message that will resonate with people. He has a natural gut instinct for what people will respond to. He is also relentless in getting you ready to be promoted and into the market. He makes sure it gets done, and you look and sound great.”
-Jacques Spitzer, Chief Content Officer, Raindrop Branding & Advertising
What Siegel Speakers Does:
– Prepare a person with the resources needed to become a paid public speaker.
– Once the resources are complete, we present the speaker to the market of those who are hiring.
– And once the speaker has been approved we handle the booking and all the associated logistics.
More specifically Siegel Speakers will:
– Shape keynote presentations, podcasts, and books.
– Determine types of stages to target for speaking engagements.
– Create a speakers kit PDF to send to prospective buyers all about the speaker and their topics.
– Create a website.
– Produce a video “sizzle” reel.
– Distribute and market Podcasts.
– Assist in the creation and marketing of a book.
– Contract for professional headshots.
– Create and manage LinkedIn and Facebook speakers pages.
– Stage an event for presentation delivery to be taped for further use as a selling asset.
– “Pitch” for engagements: Identify targets. Contact & set up meetings. Attempt to close new business.
– Manage logistics around bookings including contracts, travel, billing and fee collection.
Where do you see your industry going over the next 5-10 years? Any big shifts, changes, trends, etc?
With more and more happening in today’s society comes increased interest in hearing various points of view from people with impressive experience and communication skills.
Therefore it’s my feeling that for those who excel in public speaking, the prospects are more available now than ever before. However, the industry has become proliferated with people who feel they have something to offer and therefore the paid booking business has become much more competitive.
To succeed in making money a speaker must now focus considerable energy towards creating other revenue streams related to their brands such as books and training courses. This shift in the paid public speaking business is here to stay and will become even more essential in the next 5-10 years.
- Website: siegelspeakers.com
- Phone: 8588293469
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other: https://www.linkedin.com/in/barry-siegel-b95a25/