Today we’d like to introduce you to Kenneth Bradshaw.
After moving to the US 20 years ago and working for another salon Ken & David Coates-Bradshaw established DK Hair in 2003. With an award winning career in hair that spans over 30 years Ken is known for his enthusiasm and dedication to the craft.
As owner, and creative director of DK Hair; Ken embraces the constantly changing trends in the industry and the newly emerging education. His inspiration and creative edge is derived from the inspiring runways of Paris, Milan, and New York, as well as international publications and cinema. Professionally, he acknowledges that inspiring self-confidence is a gift and makes every effort to make his clients feel and look their best when creating a personalized look for each of them.
Ken uses his passion for creativity to stimulate a productive environment and to inspire him to work to his greatest potential. His goal is to serve as source of inspiration for his salon and the industry as a whole. Because of the ever-changing style in the industry, and dynamic celebrity influence, he aims to maintain current knowledge of what is trending and ensure that employees stay up-to-date. As education is a major focus for Ken, DK Hair aims to offer the highest quality of hair-dressing to their clients.
Great, so let’s dig a little deeper into the story – has it been an easy path overall and if not, what were the challenges you’ve had to overcome?
Being a salon owner Ken has the opportunity to train people as stylists and watch them grow; giving them a start in their careers has been the best gift I can give. It has been hard along the way, having a business partner who had a very different vision than I was challenging. After 13 years I bought him out and thought all my troubles were over. The following year had ups and downs, some of my most trusted team members left DK Hair unexpectedly and opened a salon of their own. This was hard both professionally and personally as I had considered these people friends. We are focusing on the future and opportunities ahead of us; I am currently re-structuring the business and concentrating on training my team. DK Hair is starting over, we are thriving and could not be more excited for the future!
Alright – so let’s talk business. Tell us about DK Hair – what should we know?
We are a boutique hair salon with amazing personalized customer service; we are an education base hair salon that prides ourselves on an advanced and technical level of skill. The thing I am most proud of is that every day we strive to be the best that we can be. My specialty is curly hair; I can just feel the hair and know what it needs. The thing that sets us apart is the relationships built not only between team members but with each individual client who sits in my chair.
Is there a characteristic or quality that you feel is essential to success?
Honesty, loyalty, passion, drive and work ethic.
- Cuts $45-105 Color starting at Tone $30+ Touch Up $45+ Tint $65+ Partial Highlight $75+ Texture $85+ Relaxer $85+ Full Highlight $95-165 Color and Highlight $120+ Color Correction by consultation Straightening by consultation Styling starting at Blow Dry $45 Up Do $65 Thermal Styling $65 Extensions by consultation
- Eye Treatment: 15 mins ($25) A perfect accompaniment to a deep cleansing facial. This treatment helps reduce puffiness, minimizes fine lines, and hydrates the eye area. Pumpkin Peel: Single Treatment ($75) Series of 6 ($400) An enzymatic exfoliation using natural pumpkin that improves texture and firmness and refines every type of skin from acneic to aging. Recommended in a series for best results. Back Treatment: 45 mins ($60) A relaxing treatment benefiting the hard to reach areas of your back. This includes a thorough cleansing, exfoliation, extractions, and a relaxing massage. Waxing starting at Brow $25 Lip $15 Chin $15 Sides of Face $15 Bikini $30 Brazilian $50 Underarms $20 Half Leg $35 Full Leg $70 Arms $45 Back $50 Chest $40
- Address: 123 West Washington Street,
San Diego, ca 92103
- Website: http://www.dkhair.com/
- Phone: 619-546-4550
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: dk_hair
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dkhairsandiego/
- Yelp: https://www.yelp.com/biz/dk-hair-san-diego