Today we’d like to introduce you to Lauren Wiswall.
Lauren, can you briefly walk us through your story – how you started and how you got to where you are today.
My career began as a mental health therapist, which evolved into executive coaching, consulting, and eventually CoachLogix. I earned my BA in Psychology at the University of Washington, my MS in Clinical Psychology at Pacific University, and I completed coach training at the Coaches Training Institute. Early in my career I worked under several executive coaches and boutique coaching providers before starting a private coaching and consulting practice myself. A few years later I helped found CoachLogix based on the belief that the coaching industry needed a scalable technology solution for coaching practice management. I am now CoFounder and Chief Client Officer at CoachLogix where I am able to execute on my passion and commitment to scale coaching globally.
Great, so let’s dig a little deeper into the story – has it been an easy path overall and if not, what were the challenges you’ve had to overcome?
Not at all. Being an entrepreneur is risky with countless unforeseeable obstacles along the way.
(1) There’s a constant push and pull between developing the product fast vs. slow. That is, I’ve had to learn and appreciate the advantages of slowing down and building things correctly vs quickly by making mistakes, the hard way. We’ve had to build some aspects and features or our product more than once because we rushed, or felt pressured, to deliver quickly.
(2) I’ve also had to learn how to balance our internal product roadmap with client feature requests. I’m constantly evaluating client requests and assessing the extent to which they align with the vision and direction of the company and the impact new features will have across the platform and user ecosystem.
(3) Bootstrapping a company has been an incredible challenge. Bootstrapped means we’ve had to work with limited resources. Staying focused and on top of our priorities is critical to executing in a lean environment, especially with a product aiming to provide a centralized solution for an industry as complex and intricate as the executive coaching ecosystem.
CoachLogix – what should we know? What do you guys do best? What sets you apart from the competition?
I am CoFounder and Chief Client Officer at CoachLogix where I am on a mission to help more people across the globe gain access to coaching and other forms of self-growth and development through technology. In my role as CCO, I continuously strive to optimize user experience and customer success. I oversee the entire client experience – from marketing to product design, development, training and support. I consult with enterprise clients to understand their practice and where’s it’s headed, I then help them scope out how they can use technology to centralize and support their processes within the executive coaching function, I act as the primary interface between the engineering team and end users. Representing both the voice of the customer and the product, I continuously integrate client feedback to inform and improve the user experience.
What moment in your career do you look back most fondly on?
After over a year of re-scoping and re-designing our product we released an all-new new build in May 2018, CoachLogix 5.0. Tying the loose ends of the new product together required us to temporarily close registrations so that we could focus all our energy and resources on the new release… It was a stressful and challenging time for our company, which we never would have gotten through if it weren’t for our clients.
Our clients have been our biggest fans and supporters since day 1 and we couldn’t have built CoachLogix for them, without them. Countless clients checked in from time to time as we built the new product letting us know they were patiently waiting and offering support.
Most of all, I’m incredibly proud of my team for dedicating themselves to working through the challenge of rebuilding our product together. We’ve come a long way and it’s truly a pleasure to see everyone hitting their stride. It has been an exciting year for CoachLogix with many more new features and benefits to come.
- Website: www.coachlogix.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/coachlogix/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/coachlogix?lang=en
- Other: https://www.linkedin.com/company/coachlogix/